Just Musing

 
  Last Wednesday at ENACTUS we were asked to think about our major goals. Of course I have hopes and dreams but really there was only one thing that shouted out in my head.   I want to be a mom! I love being 19, but as my teenage time dwindles away I get more and more excited for the future that had always seemed oh so far away.  Obviously we've still got a pretty good amount of time before that happens... I need to "get to know myself" while living the single life here at college and then of course there's my mission and then who knows when I'll get married?  But the thought of finding out I have a baby growing in my belly, my own child whose sweet spirit has just come to me from heaven... ahhh it makes me giddy!
    Don't get me wrong, I know motherhood is hard. But that doesn't stop me from daydreaming about the good things.  Maybe I'm a little idealistic, but here are some things that I imagine for my family:  
  • giving elegant names to my daughters like Elena Nicole, Vienna Cheri, Adeline Eva or Zaylia Jane {and for boys I like Brexton, Ryan, Zane, or Jay}
  • Christmastime excitement for Santa Claus
  • going camping all the time
  • surrounding them with music and encouraging them to sing/play instruments from a young age
  • having lots of pets they can grow up with
  • having them help me cook so that they'll be excited to eat it
  • playing dress-up for FHE so that they can remember scripture stories better
  • finding programs to help them learn foreign languages early on because physically one's brain has a much higher capacity to do so as a child
  • going to their grandma and grandpa's house and not wanting to leave because Uncle Eric is just way too cool for school
  • planting a little garden
  • making sooooo many videos
  • seeing my babies all bundled up playing in snow for the first time, quite unsure of what to do 
  • having them sneak up and pull pranks on their daddy
  • making them watch all the movies of my era
  • building a tree house to become the center of their active little imaginations
  • matching them up in super cute Halloween costumes
  • telling them all the stories of Tick and Tock, our silly elf friends who followed the Lundgreens from Denmark.  Maybe they will play pranks on us as well!
  • having spontaneous dance parties in the rain so they learn to appreciate even the "bad" days
  • watching the adventurous grins on their faces when they explore caves/forests/rivers because those are some of my own favorite childhood memories

No comments:

Instagram