Flashbacks and Foreshadowing

    Yesterday after stake conference, we drove over to the Gilbert temple to see the golden Angel Moroni that just got put up.  On the way their, we passed through the farming area of town.  It was quite lovely: luscious cornfields engulfed by the blue of a summer sky... streetlights hanging by a thin wire over a casual road...  shabby houses occasionally dotting the view. Ideas for a vintage photo-shoot automatically swarmed my mind.
  "Oh my gosh- I LOVE it here!" I gasped.
  Mom burst out laughing.  Because apparently just a few seconds before, while I was admiring the pretty sight, Rachel had exclaimed about how old and ugly it all looked.  Are you joking me?
  But I guess it's just me, born in the wrong era.  I seriously daydream of floor-length gowns swishing through endless meadows, breezes fresh with the breath of the earth and just a tint of smoke from the homely hearth, a slower-paced, conservative life filled with people who are actually sane...
  Though I must admit I quite appreciate and enjoy modern conveniences such as airplanes and air-conditioning,  some things downright scare me.  Applications that can measure the activity of the front lobe of your brain and then transfer the information to say the exact words you were just thinking?  Half of all children being born through wedlock and people of the same gender choosing to be be married?  God being completely denied?  Maybe it's just me being a sheltered, simple-minded little Mormon girl, but anyone else a bit lost here?
  Time is a strange phenomena.  But I guess we just need to buckle up and enjoy the ride, cause it's gonna keep on flying whether we're ready or not!

No comments:

Instagram