Pump It Up!

  I learned a lot of things today.  This morning, I learned that:
      1.there's a lot of people in this world
because
      2. there's a lot of corn in this world.
  Yeah, hundreds of empty husks and a few sore fingers later....  We got up at six something and went to volunteer with AYT at the Market on the Move, which comes once a month after going around the southwest to collect all the produce farmers don't deem worthy of the grocery store.  Most of the stuff is actually pretty good, and today's selection included tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, watermelon, and corn.  All the corn was so nasty that their husks were speckled in rainbow polka dots of mold, but on the inside most of them were totally fine.  So me and Rachel's job was to shuck the corn so that people could see their true quality.  Trust me- it definitely worked!  The line was insanely long and moved so fast that we competed with a pair shucking corn at another table to see who could shuck more faster.   It was simple enough and a fun thing to do for service time, but after a few hours...  The corn we brought home better taste good! 
   Later in the afternoon I also figured out that
      3.  I'm pretty dang good at sneak-pushing people into the pool and accidentally/purposely bopping people in the head with volleyballs.
  As a result of this, I'm pretty sure that all the trust and reputation of innocence I've managed to build up over the past while were completely crushed under my own foot.  But I also gained a new nickname, their "buff one," since it was a real struggle for Bryan to wrestle me into the pool from the top of the waterfall, despite being able to get the other girls easily.  I still deny that it counted, since I'm way smaller than him, he had to get help from his brother, I had to be careful so none of us slipped off the wrong side and cracked our heads open on the rocks, he fell in the pool with me, and it just took too long.  At one point he started to tickle me, also because he does it to the other girls and wanted to see how I'd react in comparison, since they either scream or sound like dolphins.  But the only thing I did was flex the second his fingers touched my stomach.  I just do that automatically, since that makes it way easier to get control and not laugh.  And then of course he freaked out and started yelling, and then a bunch of people were poking my what-they-called-"steel" stomach.  Apparently my little ab workouts do work!      
  This night, I learned that
      4. I've finally reached that age that I awed about as a little kid.
  Today was Kendall's sweet sixteen.  Her birthday's not till the fifteenth, but my dear cuz chose a lovely night to celebrate early with a DJ, a pool, and lots of people.  I recognized a lot of her friend's from school {go Hawks!}, but I didn't really know any of them that well/at all.  So I got to spend most of the night with the other Katie, as well as Rachel and Paige.  With the beat of the music pulsing through not only my ears, but my steps, my hair tosses, and the houses a few blocks over, it was cool to realize how fun it is being a teenager.

No comments:

Instagram