If you read my bio, you'll discover that my name is Katherine Elizabeth Lundgreen, Katie, and that I am much different from anyone else. If you take the time to peek into yourself, you'll discover that you too are unique. And so is everyone else.
Recently I've found that I really enjoy researching psychology and learning about the different types of personalities that define who we are. We are all born onto this earth with special DNA and a soul that, when stirred together with a bit of environment, create a person. Yesterday I took a quiz {whose link I highly recommend you click on} and determined that, according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I am type INFJ {Intoversion, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging, or introverted intuition with extroverted feeling, also called "the Protector"}. After a bit more research, {you see the link, and now you know what to do} I learned that this kind of personality is the rarest of all sixteen and makes up only 1% of the entire population. How cool! And as I read through the information, I realized that many of the descriptions really do fit to me.
But while it was interesting to have a little fun and read about these different traits, it was also my chance for a growing experience. There are many good qualities that tag along to INFJ's, but their also many weaknesses too. And these weaknesses can have a huge impact if you're not careful. I mean, how else could Jesus, Ghandi, several Greek philosophers, Mother Teresa, Jimmy Carter, and Adolf Hitler all be put under the same INFJ personality category like myself unless it meant that some of these people let the chinks in their personal strength engulf them while the others used these potential problems to make them stronger?
Oh man, here I am making the descripion of INFJ's being oddly deep thinkers come true... But I guess the moral of this glob of words {that may or may not be interesting to you depending on your personality type} is that you should always be striving to be the best you can be. Seriously, YOLO!
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(161)
-
▼
July
(23)
- All-Natural Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- If the Shoe Fits
- To Be a Pioneer
- Modeling According to a Six-Year-Old
- Shattered Hearts & Fallen Tears
- Definition of I
- The Luminous {Girls Camp 2012}
- Machu Picchu Magic
- Cusco
- The Golden Countryside
- Paracas Paradise
- Lima
- The Mighty Jungle
- Xanthochroi
- Stand Tall or Hard Fall
- Bella {Part 2}
- Bella
- AKA Gullible
- Writing Woes
- Why I ❤ My Siblings
- 100% U.S.A.
- West Side Story
- Passenger of Flight
-
▼
July
(23)
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...

No comments:
Post a Comment