Oh my stars! Or should I say holy yawn? Because I am so exhausted!
Twenty-three hours of cheer in three days. To be completely honest, that's a lot of time. And much as I loved hanging out with the girls, I was so glad to be done! Tumbling, stunting, running, jumping, chanting, dancing, yoga, stretching, strengthening, practically dying....
I told some friends that the difference between cheer and other sports {and yes, cheer is in fact a sport} is that a cheerleader's life depends on whether or not she is too tired. I always have to cross my fingers that my bases' arms won't collapse as they throw me into the air as a flyer. And I better have a lot of energy as I throw myslef into a tumbling pass.
But us girls got to bond, and I can guarentee that my abs just got a whole lot sexier. So, even if I wanted to cry every time we pushed up into several minute-long handstands with our stomachs against the wall, I'd say it was definitely an experience worth time and effort. I mean, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(161)
-
▼
July
(23)
- All-Natural Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- If the Shoe Fits
- To Be a Pioneer
- Modeling According to a Six-Year-Old
- Shattered Hearts & Fallen Tears
- Definition of I
- The Luminous {Girls Camp 2012}
- Machu Picchu Magic
- Cusco
- The Golden Countryside
- Paracas Paradise
- Lima
- The Mighty Jungle
- Xanthochroi
- Stand Tall or Hard Fall
- Bella {Part 2}
- Bella
- AKA Gullible
- Writing Woes
- Why I ❤ My Siblings
- 100% U.S.A.
- West Side Story
- Passenger of Flight
-
▼
July
(23)
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Walker is nearly 5 months old, and after spending so long looking forward to January when I would finally get to meet him, I honestly can...
No comments:
Post a Comment