My bare foot brushes the floor
A wave of thrill
A billow of breath-taking exhilaration
Washes over my body
Saturating my soul
My muscles constrict
As if my whole being is reacting
Responding to the call of the flight
The flight
Unknown but to those of bodacious will
With one step
Grace flows through my blood
As I leap forward
My heart pounds
A rhythmic beat
And then I toss myself into the
Outstretched hands of danger
Allowing myself to be fully grasped
Exposed
My torso twists and I
Hurl myself forward
With speed and
Nigh thoughtlessness
As if such actions have been
Implanted in my memory
Abiding beneath my skin
My hands meet the ground
And push me back up
Adeptness
Snapping back to a
Split-second stand
My legs accept the force
That sends a chill rippling through me
With the thrilling rebound
I throw myself backward
A beautiful sensation
Decelerates the electrifying moment
Locked muscles
Pointed toes
An inverted world
Again my hands spring me
Back to my feet
My arms raised
Effortlessly I fly back up
But fall back down to snatch a
Perfect landing
A smile
Flickers at the corners of my lips
Slightly parted as I deeply breathe
Absorbing the taste of satisfaction
For my wings were spread
In the Flight of the Gymnast
On Tuesday I started tumbling lessons again with my old tumbling teacher, Jason. Cheer tryouts are in the beginning of the school year, and I need to get ready. Oh, man did it feel good to get on the floor!
But I will admit. I am definitely very sore.
No comments:
Post a Comment