Captive Moments

The Grand Canyon Vacation I journaled about in October 2007.

  When I got up an hour ago, I just felt like sitting in bed and reading my old journal.  I haven't really read my journal since I stopped writing in it in 2009, so it was really neat to see what I had going on in my head back in those days.  The journal was from when I was 9 to 13.
  And how people can change!  Of course, I was in elementary school for most of the time, back in the days when I was pretty silly and, when I thought I was being totally serious and mature, just sounded ridiculous.  It's crazy to think that I used to be so shy, yet so hyper!  But isn't that just what little kids are like?  {And sorry about that, because I would have strangled myself for saying "little" kid back then as well.  Just ask some of my younger siblings, who are the ages I was in the journal.  I'm just glad Sophie actually admits that she's a "little" kid, because most "little" kids are never that modest.}  
  The best part of reading the old journal though is that I was reminded of journaling's significance.  I just loved how even the simplest of moments were brought back to me, not just all the big things.
  So when I start blogging much more often, you'll know why. 

No comments:

Instagram